Here some examples of previous work that I’ve been involved with…
Trainer and Practice Development Officer for RNIB
- developing and delivering training courses primarily relating to older people with sight loss
- practice development for health and social care staff
- development of networks in collaboration with other organisations
- project development
Service User involvement
- development of innovative ways of ensuring the voice of service users and tenants has been included in service evaluations across a range of services
Leeds POPPs programme
- As a Workforce Development Officer, I was responsible for developing Service User Involvement across the whole programme.
- This involved thinking creatively about how best to ensure that people for whom verbal communication may be difficult still had an opportunity to have their say.
- We used a range of methods including video, audio, group and individual interviews.
- I also devised training for frontline staff and managers
Development of dementia cafes
- Co-facilitated the development of award winning dementia cafes in Leeds
- Developed and delivered training for development of cafes, staff and volunteers regionally
Social Work and Care Management
- experience of working with people with physical and learning disabilities, children and families, older people, mental health and ill-health and dementia care